Hard drive failure

I have 2T HD (My Book Essential WD). Last week I did not turn my computer off, when I came back to it I saw the format message for my HD. I did not do anything just restart the PC and hard drive came up. In middle of reading a PDF the connection died and never came up. I separated the HD from its case and connected it directly to PC board. It is possible to see the hard drive from computer manager interface. I tried to recover data because there are so important for me related to my PhD research by different package software. Unfortunately I could not so far. I read some messages from other user online. I think this problem is common for this hard drive. Would you please help me if there is any special tip or way to solve it.

To recover the data you would have to buy another mybook open it, change the disks and your waranty will be gone.

The mybook disk is encrypted and the can only be accessed by the case.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think I the disk is OK, my PC should have known it as hard drive, because I connected it directly to motherboard. Am I right?

The mybook is encoded so it can only detect files wen it is in te case.

mj1536 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think I the disk is OK, my PC should have known it as hard drive, because I connected it directly to motherboard. Am I right?