Hard drive enclosures / WD Media player Hub

The thing is, I am backing up blu rays as opposed to torrented files. So that being said, my files range from 4-10gig for a blu ray thats encoded to my specs as oppsed to 2gig roughly a file that doesn’t have HD DTS etc, so I if I average 5 gig a movie, that’s 400 movies on a 2TB hard drive. If each hard drive was 4TB that would suit my needs better as opposed to an enclosure then I guess, but as far as I know, the Media player only supports hard drives of up to 2TB, correct? I was just thinking if it was possible to use an enclsure and say use 2 of the 4 drives at a time and have a quick switch of some sort to switch between drives.

This is beyond me in regards to technical stuff, but my research so far tells me, The WD media players can support up to 2 x 2TB hard drives. totalling 4TB, and if the drives were accessed through the network, it is limitless, which I guess is fine, only that I would prefer an alternative solution if there was one, because streaming through your network limits a few things that come to mind.

1 - Souce of media being encoded to the right specs to be streamed correctly, which in my case, I might have been encoding them slightly above the max (unsure on this atm).

2 - Traffic flow and intermittent problems that come with streaming.

3 - It’s not then plug and play, if I was to just pop around to a mates and bring my hard drives and media player with me (I quite like the idea of this as being limited to just my own home)

I do like the idea of just 2 external harddrives that plug in each usb port (there is 2 right?) but the only downfall is the 2TB limit on each port. That is the case isn’t it? Hopefully WD do release firmware updates where it supports drives past 2TB.

Thanks for your time and input though, I appreciate it, if you have anything more worth informing me of, be sure to share it.

EDIT: After looking up the specs of the media players, they only have 1 USB port? Why do they have to make it that much harder by not supporting anything more than 2TB.
Now looking at this link it seems that the devices AREEEE capable of plugging in devices over 2TB.
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5875

AND…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/What-is-the-maximum-size-HD-that-is-supported-or-has-worked-for/td-p/551468

I am officially confused. Soo sooo confused. It appears they do support over 2 TB with latest firmware, and you can use powered USB hubs, which would be perfect in my scenario.

Just reassurance is all I need to go out and trial this and buy what I need. Anyone else done this themselves?