Hard Disk Dropped By Mistake

Hi, just 6 hours ago, my sister mistakenly dropped my WD ELEMENTS USB 3.0 500GB EXTERNAL HD. It was dropped at a height or approx 50cm. Then I plugged in again, but it was not even displaying for a minute and then suddenly my PC gets slow while the HD is plugged in. It is not showing in my computers, but sometimes it displays it but it keeps saying format, but I don’t really want to do this because I got lots of important data in it. The light blinks normally and so does the motor. I have 1 year of my warranty left, should get it replaced with the data recovered, or is there an easy fix for ??
Please help me I’ve got lots of important data in it worth 300GB.

The drive might be corrupted… You might need to use a data recovery software.

Quite often when a drive gets dropped it is physically damaged and professional data recovery is the only solution. If you intend to try that do not use the drive anymore. If the drive doesn’t show in Disk management you are probably out of luck with do it yourself fixes.

Joe

Thank you all, but as far as I’m concerned, it always shows in disk management and I have tried 3 data recovery softwares, but they all failed in recovering. Do you have any idea where I might get a professional data recovery service, and what are the expected costs for recovering 300GB of data ?
Thanks.