HANDBRAKE Settings

OK guys, getting back to Handbrake and WDTV Live, I have read what was posted earlier:

“As for subtitles.  If you are only concernded with the Engilsh portion that is being spoken during foreign language parts, then I would suggest using a nightly build of HB.  Those will allow you to burn in those subs so that they are a part of the movie and you don’t have to turn subtitles on to see them.  You can see more about that here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Handbrake-PGS-burn-in-support/m-p/397575/highlig…

But I am still confused about the handling of subtitles. I have done what was said with regards to video and audio (open ripped folder, use RF 19, leave all other parameters unmodified). I have gotten good results. And I am using the latest nightly build of HB.  But what if I want to actually have the full English subtitles in addition to any forced subtitles that might go along with foreign audio? I am not sure how to do that. I tried with Handbrake, putting in the full English subtitle track and while it played well on my PC, I did not have any subtitles playing from the WDTV Live.

Can you explain to me a little more about how to get standard subtitles into the MKV that work with the WDTV Live? I think I understand how to get forced subtitles and burn them in but what about the rest?

Thanks … Rob