Handbrake Question

Hi Guys,

I have just registered here as I am having a few problems.

Originally I backed up my Blu Ray films with MakeMkv. This gave me file sizes 20gb and upwards. This has not been a problem until the network load in my house has increased and when viewing with me Western Digital WD TV Live I sometimes get jumping unless the file is below say 15gb. (Films are accessed on my NAS)

I then came accross handbrake but when using handbrake some films work afterwards e.g. Old School. and Some do not… I normally use High Profile, leave the other settings as they are.  I went to the handbrake forums and looked for an answer there Western Digital WD TV Live player.

Ideally I want guidance on the best handbrake settings for use with my Western Digital WD TV Live player. I know this may vary for alot of people, but with it taking 3 hours to covert a film on handbrake I want to make sure they work after the conversion .

I went to the handbrake forums and looked for an answer there Western Digital WD TV Live player.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Steve

steveocole wrote:

I then came accross handbrake but when using handbrake some films work afterwards e.g. Old School. and Some do not…

What do you mean by not working?   The high-profile preset (at least in the HB version I use) works perfect.

When you run on WD it says the file is not supported? I am not sure why I am getting this as the play on my PC just not the WD ???

post the full mediainfo of the file.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en (free)

untick the boxes so you don’t get the extras.

Anyhow, if you get some Blu-ray rips to your WD TV,  you’d better enable your video files playable on your device. Handbrake or Brorsoft Blu-ray ripper to rip and convert Blu-ray to WD TV compatible format first eg. MPEG-4/ H.264 mp4. And as I know Handrake cannot bring you a BD to MP4 conversion if without a 3rd party software.

chris198810 wrote:

Anyhow, if you get some Blu-ray rips to your WD TV,  you’d better enable your video files playable on your device. Handbrake or Brorsoft Blu-ray ripper to rip and convert Blu-ray to WD TV compatible format first eg. MPEG-4/ H.264 mp4. And as I know Handrake cannot bring you a BD to MP4 conversion if without a 3rd party software.

???..What?  That has nothing to do with the OPs post.

Tinwarble wrote:

chris198810 wrote:

???..What?  That has nothing to do with the OPs post.

That’s solution for me and I share with ones who have the similar demand. Why are you in this tone?

Because that has nothing to do with what the OP posted about.  The OP has already apparently alreay ripped their movies, they are just asking about settings for Handbrake, not about other software.  Handbrake encoded videos work fine on the SMP (or any other WD player), so I don’t know why you would say “you’d better enable your video files playable on your device.”.

Also, one would assume that the OP is encoding to mkv, not mp4 since they were previously using MakeMKV.  And you are saying that the OP should get a program that has to be purchased,  Brorsoft (which has a bad WOT scorecard for spaming forums) instead of using a free program (Handbrake).

So again, that has nothing to do with the OP’s original post, since subject is “Handbrake Question”.