Had to format laptop but can't restore my files?

A few days ago I had to completely format my laptop because the system just wouldn’t start anymore. Today I went to try and restore all of my lost files and programs, but I can’t seem to do it.

I have a My Book World Edition (white light) 1TB and am running under Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I have been using WD Anywhere Backup to backup my system for the past year now. I have no problems accessing the hard drive through my network and can see bits and pieces of my laptop’s past backups so all my files are all there.

Since it was my dad who messed up my laptop, he tried to set everything back for me, so there’s currently a new backup plan running for the laptop. Now today when I try to View and Restore my old files and I try to reactivate my old inactive backup plan, Anywhere Restore can’t find it.

I guess it was lost in the format? I honestly have no idea. Is there anything I can do to get my files back?

Would like to know ASAP and thanks in advance for any assistance!

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en