Had 3 WDTV devices stream at the same time, now only 2 at a time with a new modem

I’ve had some internet problems lately and the cable guy came out and fixed it, part of that included a new moden.  The internet problem is fixed but I have a new problem now.

I have three WDTVLive devices, one in the living room and two in bedrooms.  Before on the old modem, there was no problem with this.  All three could stream simultaneously fine.

But now on the swapped modem, only two will work at a time, whichever the first two that log in to the network share on my computer are.  Then when the third one tries to connect to the network share, it says this:

“Unable to connect to the selected source.  Please make sure the selected source is active and available for sharing.”

This is reproducable, I can get this to happen in any room I want by using the other two rooms first.  The only way to “reset” it is to either restart my PC or disable then reenable file sharing on my PC.

The new modem is a Netgear R6300v2.  What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

Graphic wrote:

The new modem is a Netgear R6300v2.  What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

That’s a router, not a modem.   I’d check to make sure you’re not having IP address conflicts.   Every device on your network must have a unique IP address.

Its the router. A lot of manufacturers say its a gigabit router and it is, it just isn’t a duplex gigabit router which means it can send or receive at gigabit speed, but it cant send and receive at gigabit speeds at the same time.

Sorry to say its buy a new router time again to get your speed back.