[GUIDE] NZBGet 17 DL4100

Tom, I don’t have the PR4100 but I do have the DL4100 which I believe is VERY similar. Here’s all you gotta do…

Login to your PR4100 dashboard and turn on SSH
Settings → Network → Toggle SSH on and set a password

If using Windows download Kitty
If using OSX use the Terminal app

Login to the WD device with Kitty or OSX Terminal

For Kitty you need to fill in:
IP Address of the device
Port :22
Connection type: SSH

Login and when prompted for username and password use the following
username: sshd
password: whatever you set for the password when you enabled SSH (Note the password won’t show up in the terminal as you type it)

You should then be presented with something like this

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2014-10-30 15:29:55 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@WDMyCloudDL4100 root #

At the # type the following and hit enter

cd /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog

Now type the following and hit enter again

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/releases/download/v17.0/nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now change the files permission so it is executable by typing the following and hitting enter

chmod 777 nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now lets install nzbget… Type the following and hit enter

./nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now we can start the nzbget daemon

cd /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/nzbget && ./nzbget -D

Done!

Now in your browser type
ip address of your PR4100:6789
example… 192.168.1.5:6789
username: nzbget
password: tegbzn6789

It’s best NOT to change any settings in the PATHS setting in nzbget. Just leave them as their default

I created a folder from my DL4100 dashboard called for example Downloads and just point to that where required in the Category settings. EX… /shares/Downloads

Note that if your NAS is powered down for any reason, you will need to start nzbget again as documented above as the OS won’t let you autostart the app (crontab, etc) as any changes you make to the OS are also lost on a reboot. If this is gonna be an issue then you would want to install nzbget via a docker image in their repository which can have a bit of a learning curve if you have never used this great program before.

Hope this helps you out
nfodiz

4 Likes