[GUIDE] Install a schedulded Stream Ripper

In this guide I will show you how to run a scheduled streamripper on your mycloud.

Please note: WD does not support installing 3rd party apps on the WD My Cloud. If you do, you do so at your own risk, and doing so can cause the UI and other things to break on Firmware Version 4.0.

I have testet this on FW v03.04.01-230

What you need:

Step 1: Enable access via ssh

1. Go to your mycloud dashboard via a webbrowser by typing in mycloud’s IP or on Mac type mycloud.local

2. Login and go to Settings > Network > SHH and turn on the switch. The login data for SSH will be displayed (default user: root  password: welc0me)

Step 2: Login via SSH and install requirements

1. run PuTTY or Terminal and run the script to login (replace the IP with your mycloud’s ip or on mac type: mycloud.local)

ssh 123.456.789.0 -l root

password: welc0me

1. update packages

apt-get update

2. install streamripper

apt-get install streamripper

3. install at

apt-get install at

4. give user www-data (webserver) the correct rights

chown www-data;www-data /var/www -R

Step 3: Download and Configure the web gui

1. Download the Web GUI on http://sourceforge.net/projects/radiorecwebgui/ and unpack it

2. Start your SFTP program and use the following login data

server: your mycloud-IP or on mac mycloud.local
    user: root
    password: welc0me
    port: 22 (by default)

3. navigate to /

4. navigate to

/var/www/htdocs/

5. create a folder called radiorecorder

6. upload the content of the tar.gz you have download to /radiorecorder

7. go to

/var/www/htdocs/radiorecorder/res

8. edit settings.php (most of good ftp programs have built-in text editors. If yours haven’t got one edit the settings.php on your local machine and upload the configured one)

9. change the following values

public static $siteRoot = ‘/var/www/htdocs/radiorecorder’;
    public static $recordedFilesDestination = ‘/DataVolume/shares/Public/Radio/’;
    public static $language = ‘de’; //“de” for german or “en” for english

You can change the destination to whatever you like: /DataVolume/shares/Public/ is the Public folder of your mycloud.

The web gui is available in German and English, put in ‘en’ of course for english.

1. give webserver the rights zu use ‘at’. go to

/etc/

and open up the file: at.deny . Remove the line ‘www-data’

1. open up the webgui via your browser

on Windows
    your mycloud-IP/radiorecorder

on Mac
    mycloud.local/radiorecorder

2. add a stream: click in the left sidebar on ‘add’. Fill in the needed data. (Note: Windows Media streams are not supported). Once the stream is added, configure a new sheduled recording. The settings are self-explanatory.

3. you are done! If streamripper is recording your stream right now, you can see it when the schedulded recording is highlighted in blue in the list.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this guide for posting the warning as well.

"Please note: WD does not support installing 3rd party apps on the WD My Cloud. If you do, you do so at your own risk, and doing so can cause the UI and other things to break on Firmware Version 4.0."