[GUIDE] Debrick MyBookLive v2.0

Hi, Just wondering if you are able to put an entirely different hard drive into one of these?

My situation is, I bought 3 of these (all 2TB) about a year ago purely for the hard drives as they were cheaper at the time then buying just the hard drive. I kept the parts though incase I ever found a use for them. Just yesterday I found out just how useful they can be.

Now I wish to get one of these up and running with sabnzb to replace the pc that I have currently set up just for sab. So since the original hard drives from these are currently in use in my raid5 setup and I don’t wish to rebuild my raid at this point in time. I have a spare 2TB seagate drive and a spare 3TB WD Green drive to work with currently.

I have already tried to use your 3TB virgin disk image, everything looks perfect, all the partitions are right on the drive, but the LED just flashes blue. I Thought it probably didn’t work besause the original drives were only 2TB and maybe the firmware doesn’t support 3TB. 

I was about to try using my seagate 2TB drive with your 1-2TB guide to see if it would work but I thought I’d ask if anyone has tried this first before I just disappoint myself again.

If anyone has any tips for me on this, it would be greatly appretiated. If i could get it to use the 3TB drive that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance, Michael.