[GUIDE] Cross Compiling Transmission 2.82

viarippa11 wrote:

Hey you did  a great work! I’d like to ask you a few questions. I’d like to compile transmission for my home router, which is a MIPS based one. Do you think it would be possible to follow your guide (and re-adapt it when necessary) in order to compile transmission for another architecture? Are the dependencies the same (libevent, zlib, openssl, zcurl) and the settings of crosstool the same (except for the system architecture: mips)? Thank you if you will reply…

The dependencies are the same. You should be able to compile it for a MIPS based system, just make sure you adjust the architecture, endianess, OS (Linux/BSD), FPU and other platform dependent settings. Running cat /proc/cpuinfo should give you a good hint about what is supported with regards to the FPU etc… I’d suggest to google existing crosstool-ng configurations for your target processor/architecture.

The naming convention will change also, like the prefix arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf-. So you have to adapt those too.

Another advice: Start with a minimalistic non-optimized config file and get it to compile sucessfully and then start to optimize the config file (setting FPU, processor tuning etc.) and compile everything again. I spent hours because some tuning parameters were spelled wrong/incorrect and led to weird compiler/linker errors.