Guardian Services & Extended Warranty NOT available in CANADA

I just tried to purchase both the Guardian Extended 2 year warranty and the 3 year Guardian Pro service and I was told that the service is NOT available in Canada.

This is a shortcoming :frowning:

I can understand that WD cannot offer overnight service to Canada for replacement parts, but why can’t they offer extended telephone support and extended warranty for the WD Sentinel DX4000 product??  Weird…

The actual file server is AWESOME! And works very well, but we all know that computers and especially HD fail so having the insurance of express service, parts replacement is part of the reason I went with WD. Now I’m having second thoughts.

Anyone from Canada care to support me on this :slight_smile:

I found those plans available through www.amazon.ca on the following link 

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Guardian+Express

That means that the services are available for Canadian customers. You wil lbe able to get that and update the warranty to my understanding 

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the costs are >150% the price of the US versions even allowing for the trivial differences in C$ &U$ exchange. In C$ the WDC.com price of extended warranty is just over C$500. The amazon.ca Extended warranty is C$820 + C$20 shipping = C$840. Yikes! I only paid C$1500 for the 12GB DX4000.

So if I add the amazon.ca 3y Guardian Pro for C$430 + C$20 shipping = C$450.

So both together would be nearly the same price as replacing the whole unit!!

I appreciate your feed back and support tho :slight_smile:

Hello,

Seems like you were looking to buy Guardian Service directly from within the Dashboard and got routed to WDStore website.

At this time we don’t have a WDStore website that caters to Canada, however a few of our patners carry WD Guardian services on their website and you may want to buy it through them:

http://www.ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=WD+Guardian

newegg.ca

amazon.ca

Hope this helps.