Green blink blink

Right…  While it’s working do the following…

• Login to the Dashboard UI
  • When you have the menu go to this web page:  http://mybooklive.local/UI/ssh
  • As long as you DO NOT have your MyBook Live on the DMZ on the router, enable SSH access.

If you have your router set-up so your MyBook Live’s IP is on the router’s DMZ (Demilitarised zone) then you’ll give the entire planet access to your MyBook Live!

(For a definition of what a DMZ is see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing) )

The idea behind this is IF you end-up being locked out of the Dashboard UI then myself and other knowledgable people on here, including W.D. technical support, will be more able to help you BUT you must follow instructions given by anyone who offers help precisely and report back exact results to anything you’re asked to do.

What is SSH?

Secure SHell (SSH) is a security protocol that provides an encrypted connection for logging into a remote server and viewing, transferring files, and executing programs on the server. SSH allows a user to gain access to the Linux command line for the system, providing full control of the system configuration and operation. For this reason, only users with advanced Linux experience should enable SSH.

What are the risks of enabling SSH?

Because SSH provides access to the network server and all its content, only users with advanced computer networking and Linux experience should enable it. Failure to understand the SSH protocol can result in rendering your network server inoperable, as well as allowing unauthorized users access to your network. If you enable SSH, do not share the root password with anyone you do not want to have direct access to all the content on your network drive.

can u tell me? 

Can’t see the image yet. It has to be approved by a moderator.

anyone with the brinking green light, please try this method.

Advise from WD engineer.

• Disconnect the drive and leave the drive alone for 10-15 min (no LAN cable
    connected and no Power Adapter attach to it)
  • Reconnect back the drive
  • Please check that you still able to access the mybooklive after you had done
    the steps above.

i not use dmz and i not use mac,i use window 7 and i follow ur step and http://mybooklive/UI/ssh to in and check shh done and set up static ip, but still green blink! also above pic

Check to see if Twonkly, iTunes, Remote access and FTP are disabled.

There is a process that enumerates all the files on the MyBook Live to show how much space is used and by what catagory of file.

The constantly blinking green LED to me hints that this scan is progressing and somewhere along the lines terminates, possibly to restart the scan and it’s just stuck in that loop.  So the green LED does not stop flashing and the disk usage does not get updated.

Have a look through all your MyBook Live’s files to see if there are any oddly named files stored on it.

ifTwonkly, iTunes, Remote access and FTP are disabled!    still me puzzle …still green blink and i follow ur step same result. still puzzle to me…my goal to succesful!

It’s got me puzzled too.  The problem with W.D. support is that they’ll want you to factory restore your MyBook Live.  Are you sure there is nothing on your network that may be constantly accessing files on your MyBook Live?

i give up! and no way get succesful and i will ready to rma see if they can get fix

I think an R.M.A. is not a “fix”. You get a new MyBook Live or they simply wipe the drive, put a image onto it and sent it back to you.

i bought 2 month and nothing inside usage 0gb / 0 tb. i am not going get new Mybooklive what waste money.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the blinking green light, but at least get into the Dashboard and make sure you’re using the latest firmware.  The very latest update from an hour ago is a security fix, but it includes the improvements in the last update, which may solve the drive not going into sleep mode automatically.

MyBookLive 02.02.02-020 : Core F/W my firmware last time sept 1 2011 and i can access in dashboard I can’t’ update firmware . So I everything I follow ur step I think not successful what ur recommend?