Got any cool ideas?

If you have any projects you’ve worked on that you are just itching to show off, please share them with us! Pictures, videos, instructions are all welcome!

At WDLabs, we’re constantly trying out new ideas for projects, and we know a lot of you love doing so as well.

We’d love to feature your project on our website and help spread your creativity!

I recently decided to stick my personal website on a Raspberry Pi server with a PiDrive for storage. It was fairly easy to get the latest raspian running from the pidrive instead of the sd card for added stability. You can read about it here :slight_smile:

Hey there @CLWaka :slight_smile: Welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing your project with us! It does look interesting and useful and I’m sure other people would be happy to see how you’ve managed to do it.

If you have other interesting projects do post them here and feel free to ask if you happen to have any questions! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Captain_WD.

Hey there! :slight_smile:

@WDStaff

It would be so great if WD (WD myCloud) Sync could use extern references! I´ll explain it:

With the application “WD Sync” now I can easily save folders on my Mac/ or PC. I only click them and WD Sync will save them on the WD MyCloud.
changes in the reference folder will be stored on the WD automatically.
Based on my small storage on my macbook, I use some external hard disks. Unfortunately I can´t add them into my references in WD Sync…
The storage onto my external disk and on the WD is a little bit cumbersome, and it would be so much easier if I could set an reference for the external disk into WD sync and the storage on the WD would go automatically.
So if I could say to WD Sync “Every time I put in the DISK-xy please check if you have all the stuff onto your storage, if not, please overwrite.” Therefore it would be nice if I can click the single folders on the Disk and tell WD Sync in which folder he should save it on my WD MyCloud. So that I can set single preferences to every folder. Like: “Folder1” save to “Folder3”
“Folder2” save to “Folder6”
and so on.
So final it would be great if I put my disk on my mac, store files on it (into my folders) and WD Sync recognize it, and stores the same onto her storage.

PS: If you have any questions, please write me!

IT WOULD BE SO GREAT IF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE!!!

Best Regards

Pascal Seufert

Hey there Pascal :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion! Will make sure to pass it on!

Did you know that you could a similar thing with your external drive directly on your WD My Cloud device? You can set the USB backup to automatically transfer data from your drive to the NAS whenever it’s connected to it. You should be able to specify which folder and where it should back them up.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

Captain_WD.

I have a patented alternative controller for Virtual Reality. I’m looking for partners who know how realize it on a market. I have a working prototype and demo movie bulletstorm kick fighter controller gameplay - YouTube

Hi there @Alexey_Nilov

That seems like a really interesting idea. Good job! :slight_smile:

The info has been forwarded to the appropriate team the guys will contact you in case they’re interested.

Cheers!
CK_WD

Hey @Captain_WD, @WDStaff,

Sorry for late answering…
I didn’t get shown that i´ve got an answer to my question.

Thx for the notice, I already knew that and used it.

Do you know how it looks about my further proposal?
To use the same function as with an external drive on an PC/Macbook would be still helpful.

Best Regards

Pascal