Got 2 Questions

1. why are some youtube vidz restricted  on the hub and is there anyway around this…

2. cleareing the media does what exactly ? i did it once and i seem to have gained some more space…

tia

mike

Not sure why some youtube vids are restricted since I haven’t run into that problem.  Perhaps if you shared one that you have found as being restricted it would help.

As for what clearing the media library does.  It clears (or is supposed but doesn’t seem to clear all) the media info that is stored in the flash memory.  It’s like clearing the history on your browser.

The “Media Catalog” is a database kept by the hub. All videos, songs and pictures must be in the catalog before they are listed on screen and available for viewing or playing. When a new piece of media is added to the hub it adds it to database and then re-indexes the database. Sometimes the database can get goofed up and lose track of items. Doing the “Clear Media” thing completely deletes and then rebuilds the database from scratch. It does not delete any media (pics,songs,vids) from the disk, and it does not delete metadata or cover art previously retrieved for a movie or album.

You would use the clear media command, for example, if you had several movies stored on the hub, but one day you suddenly notice that none are listed anymore and cannot viewed. I’ve seen this happen, and doing a ‘clear media’ fixed it.

wiiman wrote:

1. why are some youtube vidz restricted  on the hub and is there anyway around this…

mike

…because when the owner of the content posted it on YouTube, they DESELECTED the option “Make this video available on  mobile phones and TV.”

WD would be violating YouTube’s terms of service if they ignored that flag.