GoodSync server for WD My Cloud NAS

Hi! I upgraded my My Cloud NAS from OS3 to OS5 and I’m working through getting the various accounts setup, using OS5, etc. We used the old WD desktop client extensively to synchronize folders from laptops to the in-office NAS, while out of the office. Since that client isn’t supported anymore, I’m looking into switching to using GoodSync for this. I have the client installed and setup on ONE machine, to figure out how it all works. When I’m IN the office, the GoodSync client can see the My Cloud NAS on the LAN and I can browse folders ok.

I learned about the “GoodSync for Western Digital MyCloud NAS” server today:

(GoodSync for Western Digital MyCloud NAS)

and it looks promising. Has anyone actually installed this? If so, does it work?

Thanks in advance!

Peace…

Hello,

WD is focused on providing exceptional customer experiences with our products. With that focus, from time to time we retire legacy software products that are no longer consistent with WD’s customer experience ecosystem.

The WD Sync software is no longer available for download, and technical support will no longer be provided effective April 30, 2020. You can continue to use your product and the application, but no software updates will be provided in the future.

Well, I finally got everything setup. I got GoodSync configured and I’m able to synchronize files between my laptop and the NAS over the internet.

Peace…