Goodsync-Again Same Story

If I am not wrong I bought that ! disaster WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra more than 3 years before, and I never used it more than 15 days continuously without problem.

Always

• Missed cloud error
  • Or although it says “up to date” nothing is up to date

I don’t know how many times I wrote to WD, how many times ! they directed me to do so and so through so and so links, I went through web sites, reading, searching, days and nights, trying this trying that !! IN SHORT ! WD ! you are not honest at all…! if you are selling a device (which I already paid! ) YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE A DEVICE AS YOU ARE ANNOUNCING AND AS IT HAS TO BE !

I am not your staff to try this or that ! and indeed , you are the party breaching our contract ! but you are lucky that there is no any applicable law to force you ! this is our weak point.

NOW A NEW STORY ! GOODSYNC

I bought ! one year subscription (and again I did mistake)

This is night “4” still I am trying to activate one of my licenses ! for my second laptop. On goodsync account control panel I used only one of available 5 licenses (see the picture). I did ! whatever you big bosses (!) said ,one by one. But whenever I try to activate one of these licenses for my Mac it’s giving a message “you don’t have valid license” (see the picture).

IT’S ! ENOUGH !! YOUR DEVICE ! WHATEVER SOFTWARE YOU ARE PROVIDING OR FORCING ME TO BUY ! ALL USELESS ! REALLY GOT BORED !

1 Like

If you have an EX2 Ultra you may want to see the dedicated subforum for the EX2 where users more familiar with the EX2 Ultra may be able to assist with your issue(s). The My Cloud subforum typically discusses the single bay/single drive My Cloud unit.

Note that these subforums typically are user to user support. WD does very little moderation/support (at least in the My Cloud subforum) in these subforums.

Couple of additional comments. In some instances, with the single bay model, one has to use the manual option setting for remote access/cloud access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. This is because one’s ISP/broadband provider may be blocking the necessary ports used by the My Cloud (in automatic mode) for remote access. If using the manual option one has to setup port forwarding within their network router to route the two alternate ports to the My Cloud. When it comes to the firmware, one can manually update the firmware by downloading the firmware file from the My Cloud Support website and using the manual update feature in the My Cloud Dashboard. Since the single bay My Cloud units do not support the third party apps WD offers, I have no clue how those are updated. I assume one can somehow manually update them if needed.

And since GoodSync is a third party product, which is apparently not maintained by WD, one may have to contact GoodSync directly for support with their software.

SORRY, really I didn’t get your point, third party/second party etc.

I am a customer, already purchased WD product, and it didn’t work AT ALL…
I suffered, I contacted with WD support so many times, NO RESULT
and in WD ! OFFICIAL WEB SITE you have Goodsync as a software !

more and above more than 10 tickets with goodsync…I don’t want a solution any more , I HAVE SINGLE QUESTION STILL GOODSYNC is not replying, I have subscription for one year, I paid… aforementioned application doesn’t work properly… NEVERMIND … I used to experience it with WD looong time… QUESTION IS : WHY MY ACCOUNT IS 'TRIAL" ALTHOUGH I PAID

1 Like