Gigabit network capability through a USB 2.0 adapter? Possible?

I was checking these out, is there any chance of these ever working for the WD TV LIVE? maybe through future firmware updates? I think it would solve the Problem of not having a Gigabit LAN port without WD having to completely make a whole new unit. I have a network hard drive with gigabit, and i plan on upgrading to a gigabit router with the appropriate cabeling.

the two i saw were:

TRENDnet TU2-ETG USB 2.0 Gigabit 10/100/1000Mbps Adapter

Sabrent USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter

I am also interested on the same thing. I know the network card only accepts 10/100 so its hardware so I don’t see firmware can change this.

My question is this 10/100 mbps restriction applies to wireless “N” dongle? Or in other words. if I use Wireless N network then does this devise can stream 300 mbps?

The USB ports on the Live are independent of each other so each can handle 30MB/sec . If you can provide the data in a proper USB format that the Live recognizes then the ports will transfer it just like they do for a local hard drive. 

So if you have a USB adapter that it recognizes and it is capable of 200MBit+ then the Live would have no problem using it.