Gigabit Ethernet?

One of the reasons I bought the “WD TV Live Streaming” media player was because I read it has Gigabit Ethernet. However I can’t get my Gigabit Switch to detect it as a 1000 Mbps device.

It is really a gigabit device or is this a bug?

My switch isn’t showing my WDTV live as having a gigabit ethernet connection. I don’t recall reading anywhere about the WDTV live having a gigabit ethernet port but I may be mistaken.

That’s correct.  It’s NOT gigabit ethernet.

WD did “publish” a Pre-Release specification for reviewers which indicated that it WAS gig-E, but they revised that spec before release.   It actually shows that few reviewers actually USE the box; they just parrot what the specs say without verification.

In other words, many reviewers don’t review.   They copy.

1 Like

If we can trust what the reviews say about the chipset inside ours WD TV Live Streaming, the chipset itself has gigabit support, so maybe is just a firmware issue.

Anyway, it’s a bit dissapointing, also I hope they finally solve the RGB High problem for once.

Someone mentioned this might be addressable in a firmware update.  If that is true, does the latest firmware possibly fix this?  I was about to order a gigabit switch for my media center (probably will still) and wondered if the SMP supports it.

I really don’t see how this is an “issue”.

It wasn’t posted under “issues” it was posted under “discussions” so I’d say it is a discussion.  Is that ok with you?

voodatari said:

If we can trust what the reviews say about the chipset inside ours WD TV Live Streaming, the chipset itself has gigabit support, so maybe is just a firmware issue.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/Need-1Gb-Ethernet/idc-p/323387#M424

Ok, I stand corrected, it is an issue then.