Getting Error 35105 when trying to enable Remote Access After Upgrade to MyBookLive 02.01.06-026

I have just applied these firmware updates so that I can use the iPad apps, and I am getting an error 35105 when I try to check the box to ENABLE remote access.

I am in fact connected to the internet, no problems except enabling mobile access.

Note: I was remote controlling my pc with LogMeIn ignition from my iPad downstairs, and I see from a couple posts remote access to the UI is supposedly disabled, so maybe something there, I can definately remote control though.

HELP!

How can I enable remote access and then use the iPad apps?

I can still use the iPad for the one app, but cannot create a new code for the Photo app or add any other devices.

I have stored some screen shots here:

http://techhelpme.weebly.com/

Is the My Book Live at work or behind some firewall? What router do you have and internet connection type?

Hi WD Tony, thanks for looking in on this.

It is at my home. I have a linksys router, a basic one… WRT54G2.  I have a cable modem. I haven’t setup a firewall but haven’t done enough digging to tell you if there is a default one setup somewhere… I use AVG Free AntiVirus.

Important to note, I could access this section at first after installing the firmware update (see how I setup my iPad, I did have it enabled and get an access code out of it), however it stopped working pretty much around the time I accessed my computer remotely through the logmein ignition. Not sure if it shut itself off from remote access as a security measure? If so how do i change it back…

But it was working and then all of a sudden not working.

Thanks, JC

Logmein should not cause any issues. I use it all the time to control my computer at home.

At one point Remote Access was working? Why did you disable it? I assume you tried enabling it again?

I think the best thing to do would be to contact our support team. They can probably help you out better than I can as I am unsure what would be causing the box to suddenly not grant access.

Thanks Tony,

Initially it was working; I did not disable it. It seems to have disabled itself. When trying to enable it (clicking the checkbox) is when I am getting this message.

It stopped working after I accessed the mybook through logme in, and through the WD2Go app on my ipad (which still works!)

I have contacted support, am working through this, but no success yet.

ok - let me know if you get anywhere. THis certainly is strange that it still works even though the Remote Access is disabled. Just to test this out, can you disable AVG, then try to enable RA?

I have resolved.

Turns out there was a bug in the WD2GO app that was causing my problem.

Deleted the WD2GO connections from the app.

Deleted the app altogether.

Downloaded the app again, which is a different release with the same version # (?)

Backedup all data on my MyBookLive

Performed a Quick Factory Reset

Re-input all setting for the MyBookLive

Everything is now working as it should be.

The following is my tech support “conversations”:

Getting Error 35105 when trying to enable Remote Access

After Upgrade to MyBookLive 02.01.06-026 

Subject

Can’t enable remote access after firmware upgrade

I have just applied these firmware updates so that I can use the iPad apps, and I am getting an error 35105 when I try to check the box to ENABLE remote access.

I am in fact connected to the internet, no problems except enabling mobile access.

Note: I was remote controlling my pc with LogMeIn ignition from my iPad downstairs, and I see from a couple posts remote access to the UI is supposedly disabled, so maybe something there, I can definately remote control though.

HELP!

How can I enable remote access and then use the iPad apps?

I can still use the iPad for the one app, but cannot create a new code for the Photo app or add any other devices.

I have stored some screen shots here:

http://techhelpme.weebly.com/

Response Via Email [Deleted] 08/16/2011 06:34 PM

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is [Deleted].

I was wondering if you can give me a better description of what you are trying to do. Are you trying to remote control your computer or remote access resources? Have you created a DAC code for your mobile device and registered that mobile device (Your iPad)? You should be using WD2go app on your iPad to remotely access your files. Any support for Logmein should be from that third party software.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

[Deleted]

Western Digital Service and Support

http://support.wdc.com

Customer By Email [Deleted] 08/16/2011 06:58 PM

Hi. I would like to enable remote access on the mybook live so i can get more codes from it for other devices. I cannot enable it, i get that error message.

The error message started after i used logmein. Perhaps that was only a coincidence.

But i am having no problems with logmein at all, and this problem persists with mybook while i am sitting in front of my pc, not controlling it remotely.

Screen shots here

Http://techhelpme.weebly.com

Response Via Email [Deleted] 08/17/2011 10:12 AM

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply.

I noticed that your My Book Live shows that there is no connection to the Internet. Make sure that your drive’s Internet access is not blocked by your router’s firewall. You should allow communication through your router to and from your My Book Live. If you don’t know how to do this, you may consider placing your My Book Live in your router’s DMZ. You may also want to consider help with this through your router’s support. I may be able to direct you to some extent with this, please give me details what router you are using make and model.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

[Deleted]

Customer By Email (Jennifer Carneiro) 08/17/2011 11:58 AM

I realize the UI says it is not connected to the internet, but I can use my ipad from here in my office (over the internet) to access the mybook with that one code I was able to generate (before it stopped working). So it is in fact connected to the internet. Since the router is allowing that traffic through do you still think this is a router issue? Thx… Jennifer

Response Via Email [Deleted] 08/17/2011 04:23 PM

Dear Jennifer,

It appears that you may have a failed firmware update, unfortunately we do not have a roll back for for My Book Live. You may try a Factory Reset or Full Factory Reset, but this may not resolve your issue. It is highly recommended that you backup your data from your My Book Live before attempting a reset or further firmware update of any kind to protect yourself against data loss. If a Factory Reset does not resolve your issue, we may want to Warranty your drive. One last thought, did you attempt updating firmware remotely via your Logmein remote access from your iPad? This may have been the cause of your failed firmware update, try accessing your My Book Live dashboard locally via your web browser at http://MyBookLive/ or http:/// or http:///

Sincerely,

[Deleted] 

Customer By Email (Jennifer Carneiro) 08/17/2011 06:27 PM

I disagree. It was working fine after the upgrade, that is how i managed to assign a code to my ipad app. The firmware update was uneventful and confirmed successful. Something happened later.

The firmware update was done locally…

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Response Via Email[Deleted]  08/18/2011 04:07 PM

Dear Jennifer,

I received a note concerning WD2go app on iPad’s. Please delete your connection from your My Book Live’s Remote Access [on the iPad]. Delete the app from your iPad, download the new app from your App Store, the App number is the same but there has been an update to this app, install this new app on your iPad and create a new DAC code from your My Book Live. If you still have problems after you have deleted that connection in your My Book Live, we should consider Warranty/RMA of your drive. If your My Book Live is less than 30 days old, you may consider return to the store you bought it from for a direct replacement.

Sincerely,

[Deleted] 

2 Likes

Thank heavens for forums! I had exactly the same error this week while trying to re-enable Remote Access on my WD MyBook Live …and so I did a Quick Factory Reset and all’s well now.

Thanks for posting it…albeit a while ago now.

Let’s hope it doesn’t re-emerge as a fault again after any other firmware update …I grew old waiting for my files to upload back on to the drive!

F.