Getting Amazon S3 Backup Working... done!

timvracer and mkrosse: I was wondering if either or both of you are actually having success with the out-of-the-box configuration of recurring incremental Cloud backups to S3 of large data volumes (100s of GB and 10,000s or 100,000s of files)?

As described in another forum post (under the “My Cloud Mirror” section, but I understand the devices may share the same firmware), myself and some others are finding that each backup run fails after uploading a reasonably large number of files. And, despite the choice of “Incremental” backup strategy, it attempts to start over from the beginning each time, and hence never completes. That also constantly resets my “Standard_IA” back to “Standard” storage, and hence would reset the clock on my S3 Lifecycle rule to kick in again to do the conversion.

Here is the other forum post I was referring to: “Cloud Backup to Amazon S3 unsuccessful”

So, I’m about to give up on the out-of-the-box WD My Cloud backup to S3 option, unless you are seeing it working on your end, which would give me some hope.