Get S.M.A.R.T. (Hard Drive Health)

Honestly, I really don’t care, because you’ve completely missed the point by going off on needless tangents. The value was obviously somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000 so going round and round about it is pointless.

From my perspective, you very much look like you’re trying to get your ego stroked, and that won’t fly with me because I also have a great deal of experience, but I tend to keep the details to myself.

Here we go again. You started this whole sideshow by nitpicking a screenshot that was simply used for illustration purposes, despite the fact that I clearly stated that the app was not finished, and even followed up by saying it was a bug in the PHP code that truncated a text string. Then it went on, and on, and on.

To be crystal clear, the app I’m creating will show whatever S.M.A.R.T. attributes are available, and maybe warn the user if any obvious faults are detected, and that’s it. It won’t be hacking the hard drive firmware to dredge up hidden S.M.A.R.T. attributes, or doing any other crazy things, so discussing that is a moot point.

In fact, displaying S.M.A.R.T. attributes is a secondary function of my app, because it will do much more, but ONLY after it’s finished.

So do us both a favor and give it a rest.