Get My Cloud to show in Windows 10 File Explorer Network

Here is what I just found with a Google search and it worked for me.

Open the Control Panel select Programs and Features then open Turn Windows features on or off
then make sure the following box is checked, SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support, your computer will have to reboot for it to take affect. See images below, click on, tap or activate images to enlarge them.

WDMyCloudShowMConNetwork

End results, my My Cloud is back. See images below.

1 Like
2 MyClouds not showing up on "Network" in windows file manager
Can no longer see MyCloud contents via File Explorer/Network
Mycloud not visible
Cannot See MyCloud NAS drives in "My Network" after changing routers
Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions
My cloud not showing up in File Explorer ?
Cannot access my cloud data via file explorer
WD MyCloud suddenly stopped showing up under "MY Pc" on Windows 10. Still see it, but can't change anything
Can't access My Cloud on Windows v1803
Win 10 not recognizing MyCloud
My Passport is not recognised by my PC win 10
I can't access the MyCloud dashboard from PC, only from phone
Pas d'icone My Cloud dans l'onglet réseau rubrique ordinateur sous Windows 10
Can't view drive on WIN10 Pro
0X80070035 The network path was not found
Please help, cannot access MYCOUD on my pC
Cannot drag and drop files!
My cloud no longer in devices & printer
My Cloud not showing in Windows Explorer
My Cloud only available on one of two computers
Passport 0740 won't show up on Windows 10
Windows 10
Cannot access/open drive in windows 10 file manager
Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions
Access intermittent
After upgrade firmware my WD cloud dont work
Cannot connect to MyCloud on Home Network
Front LED not light up
Cannot access my cloud data via file explorer
Wd Cloud not working please help
Blue Light Not on
HELP! Updated firmware and lost ability to save files from SMB
Impossible Experience trying to connect MyCloud to a different computer on the same network
My Cloud not visible on network/online after accidental power cut
Can't connect to WD My Cloud on home router
Unable to map MyCloud
Windows 10 PC doesn 't show "My Cloud" map anymore, on other devices Laptop or smartphone no problem
My cloud drive activation
Do I need SMB V2 for my cloud?

Interesting wonder why that option was off/disabled? That option has been enabled, I assume by default, on my Windows PC’s since setting them up. Wonder if it’s tied to Windows File Sharing or similar option and if one has Windows File Sharing disabled (say for security policy) that option is likewise disabled.

Edit to add: Added the OP information as General Method 3 in the Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions post.

@Bennor
Unknown to me, my desktop is only a month old. I did do the Windows updates when they became available a couple of weeks back. I am just glad the mystery is solved, hope it helps out all those who have the problem.

This solved my problem so see my original post in this topic I created.

That should have a giant red flag and lots of warnings next to it Bennor. SMB1.0 is not safe for networks that are internet facing.

It appears there is also a WD Knowledgebase article covering activating SMB1 in Windows when a My Cloud or My Passport Wireless isn’t being discovered via Windows File Explorer.

This seems to have helped a great deal. I am now able to see what comprises my network but the problem isn’t completely solved yet. I am now able to see these
2019-01-06_1251 ![2019-01-06_1251_001|690x260](upload://uWoWqkK8tav1ynJr86pxYqw4Znx.png

thanks, worked for me on new install of windows, I now see my shares on explorer directly. New updates have this option disabled perhaps, but still can’t install proper sw from wd, it cannot find my nas.

maybe the name is not resolved correctly, try the ip address instead. I always use a static IP for my devices, maybe is you can try that.

To fix this problem I had to turn on Enable insecure guest logons using Local Group Policy Editor. Open gpedit.msc, select Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Network, Lanman Workstation. Change the setting of Enable insecure guest logons to Enabled.

Also, a simple setting in Windows. Opened Network Settings and went to Network Connections>Wireless Network Connection> Internet Protocol Version 4 > Properties > Advanced > Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP. The default setting of Use DHCP is why none of my NAS drives were showing. Thank you Western Digital for calling me and walking me thru the steps.

Awesome. This worked for me. Thank you