Generating code in dash board

Hi there,

Is there anyway you can disable the 48 hour activation on a generated code in the mycloud dashboard? It is very annoying connecting my tablet to it when im away for a few days and the tablet gets disconnected after 48 hours. The only way to get the tablet connected again is to generate a new code but you cant do that unless you are connected to the dashboard on the local network.

Thanks

the acitvation is only needed to establish the initial connection / pair the device with the mycloud.

Unlsess somthing changes such as a FW upgrade / system restore / app upgrade etc you should never need to enter it again.

more details and any other issues or messages would help

Your Dashboard should show all the devices you have given remote access to and if they are connected. See image below.

Have you downloaded the MyCloud mobile app? Visit the Learning Center, use the following link.
http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=product&device=mc&language=EN-US

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have download the mobile app and that works perfect when im connected to my local network.

The problem is if i want to watch a movie thats on mycloud when I am away from home on another internet connection, I have two choices to connect to mycloud:

1. Connect through my tablets browser but my tablet doesn’t support java so I can’t play the movie.

2. Generate a code from the dashboard and connect the mobile app with the code which works perfect, but the problem with the code is it only lasts 48 hours and then disconnects the tablet. So if im away from home and my tablet disconnects I cant reconnect the mobile app without a code and I can’t generate another code untill I get back home because you have to connect to mycloud dashboard on your local network.

Is there away to disable the 48 hour disconnection so that my tablet can be constantly connected throught the mobile app when i am away from home?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have download the mobile app and that works perfect when im connected to my local network.

The problem is if i want to watch a movie thats on mycloud when I am away from home on another internet connection, I have two choices to connect to mycloud:

1. Connect through my tablets browser but my tablet doesn’t support java so I can’t play the movie.

2. Generate a code from the dashboard and connect the mobile app with the code which works perfect, but the problem with the code is it only lasts 48 hours and then disconnects the tablet. So if im away from home and my tablet disconnects I cant reconnect the mobile app without a code and I can’t generate another code untill I get back home because you have to connect to mycloud dashboard on your local network.

Is there away to disable the 48 hour disconnection so that my tablet can be constantly connected throught the mobile app when i am away from home?

Thanks

the only timeout on the code is to enter it, the issues here is why it is not staying

Are you on static IP? one thought is the code indicated the IP and it is changing

The code acts like a one time password that expires after 48hrs if no mobile device connected matching the code. Once a device is connected, it should be permanently remembered unless you remove from either the app or dashboard. I believe this is ^the case because when I use the code method and if my mobile network changes the IP, I still can connect even after 48hrs.

Not sure what’s your exact issue but instead of using the code, use your mobile app to sign in to your wd2go account (named as MyCloud.com in the app).

Once you have generated a code what are the steps you take to activate your tablet?

Once your tablet is activated it should show up in the Dashboard as shown in my prior image. To my knowledge as long as you do not go in and remove it by clicking on the trash can icon it should remain connected.

If you are still having problems when you are at home visit the Help info provided in the Dashboard and read about Cloud Access plus how to make a one time setup for your device, tablet. See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)