General Feedback - WD My Cloud OS 3 Operating Software

Gramps wrote:

I do not see anything different on my DL4100 other than perhaps the power schedule and MYCloud connects now

Oh yea, the WD2Go app does not work on a Windows 10 phone.  Shows the device, shows the shares, then says No network available

In short, WD no longer support Mobile device remote access, instead you have to use a web broswer and login to their website to access files. This sadly doesn’t give the function that WD2Go did.

Quote an email this morning:

“Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is [[DELETED]].
Your case has been assigned to me regarding the problems of connecting your windows phone to our WD My cloud drive.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Currently there is no option with our apps to access the drive remotely on our OS3 platform.
The only way to access your unit remotely is with an internet browser by login on to [mycloud.com]
If this workaround is not a workable solution to the remote access we would like to offer you a refund of the purchase price of your unit once this is received at our collection center.”

I’ve emboldened the particular statement that I still find shocking.

There is an ideas thread on the forum here that tries to get WD to pay attention to users’ requirements (ie function that they have now removed): http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Windows-Mobile-app-for-MyCloud/idi-p/906853

Here’s hoping, as the MyCloud device could be such a good thing. I don’t want to have to send it back to WD for a refund.

Ps, Amazon have suspended its sale too, owing to the feedback they are receiving as a seller.

Regards

1 Like