Gen2 quirks

I’ve reported previously that the gen2 will boot up and not run smbd and nmbd. This causes windows PC’s to not be able to map the shared folders. This appears to happen because the gen2 does not get a lease. Yet it still uses its correct IP address. So you can ping or ssh r enter the dashboard.
I just found another issue where it also does not get a lease. Except in this case it also does not get assigned a valid IP address.
Because I have a serial connection to the My Cloud. I was able to look at the system and see that ifconfig has no ip address.
ifconfig
egiga0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:14:EE:0B:40:BF
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:3551 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:532
RX bytes:259347 (253.2 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
Interrupt:69
The /usr/config/config.xml file contains no ip address and the dhcp server is incorrect. Both of the last two groups are wrong for my network.

<dhcp_enable>1</dhcp_enable>

<jumbo_enable>0</jumbo_enable>
<jumbo_mtu>1500</jumbo_mtu>
<vlan_enable>0</vlan_enable>
<vlan_id>0</vlan_id>
<dns_manual>0</dns_manual>

<dns1_bak></dns1_bak>
<dhcp_server>
<s_ip>192.168.0.200</s_ip>
<e_ip>192.168.0.254</e_ip>
</dhcp_server>

I rebooted a few times and it did not correct the problem. A 40 second reset did fix the problem. But the problem will come back at sometime. I’ve had it occur on two different My Clouds and two different firmware levels. Including the current 2.30.193.
This problem appears to cause either the shares to to be mapped or the MY Cloud to not appear on the network.
If you don’t have access to the My Cloud you can’t see this information.