G'day..lost my live plus a.c. adapter, was hoping some-one of y'all might have one for sale?

As I said …i’ve managed to loose my AC adaptor(again)…if no one has one they would sell…does any one kno the size  and polarity set up of the Pin and circle input hook-up? I realize it’s a 12 v, 1 amp  set-up, but i’ve NO idea as to the pin size, nor polarity of it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, i’m reall y “stuck” with out one.  Many thanks!

The DC plug has a postive inner and negative sleeve. The DC plug is approx 5.5mm diameter with an approx inner of 2.5mm.

You can buy one from WD

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayAccesoryProductDetailsPage/productID.108411200

Thank you  muchly for the expedient reply, youv’e been a great help,…I shall take yer advice and follow your link, I believe  I spoke to quickly, I think it’s 1.5 amp input, if WD wants too much $, I’ll check out some other spots. In any event  Thanx…

The adaper is 12vdc rated at 1.5amp. That information is on the side of your unit… the solid bar over the dotted bar indicates “dc” (the polarity info, center positive, is only on the ac adapter)

The coax plug is 2mm od and it looks like the center pin diameter is just under 1mm

Note that using a non WD power supply will probably void your warranty. If you elect to go this route, check a good electronics store… there are “Versapin” power supplies.

Note… the “center positive” is critical… get that or the voltage incorrent and you become the proud ower of a model boat anchor.

Beverly Howard

Indeed…thanks for the exacting criteria…um…one thing tho…how did you kno about my…(gasp) “model boat collection?”…really thanks alot and i guess i’ll …likely just go with wd …I just don’t like putting numbers out  online…rather paypal it…anyways…thanks alot for the xtra info…

bevhoward wrote:

The coax plug is 2mm od and it looks like the center pin diameter is just under 1mm

Are you sure. My plug is 5.5mm outside diameter and the pin is at least 2 to 2.5mm.

Are you sure. My plug is 5.5mm outside diameter and the pin is at least 2 to 2.5mm. <<

sheese… my bad.

The digitital caliper I was using apparently reset itself to inches during the measurements…

Paid attention this time and watched it switch the units  from mm to inches as I slid the calipers.

You are correct… paying attention this time, I measure 5.5mm x 2.5mm

Sincere apologies… I should not have let that pass.

Beverly Howard

All righty  Now!..now  can I attempt to purchase one of these…feels like an auction…2mm…i got 1.5 mm…in the corner i got 2.5…last call…all in all fair …??/?..! SOLD…actually I didnt feel comfortable enuf  with the discrepencies to “go out and shop”…so did the WD Deal…for 15 bucks…$23, ship. inclu!..thnks again