Gave up waiting for WD Support on my EX2 RAID issue

For those of you following my quest… first getting a RAID1 is degraded message after a power outage, and then not being able to fix RAID using either auto-rebuild or manual rebuild, WD has let me down. I have a support case open, where the second level support was supposed to contact me since first level could not help me, but I have been waiting or that return call for over a week. I have called them 3 times looking for updates and all they gave me is “we will call you”.

Well, tired of waiting, I started to try and get it running again. Backed up everything on a third external disk, and at first I tried changing the RAID in order to erase it and start from scratch. Unfortunatelly, I was unable to do that too, since the Drive Self Test got stuck at 90% for quite some time, until I gave up on that as well.

By the way, Drive 1 was supposed to be the “Good” drive, since the NAS was adamant Drive 2 was faulty, regardless of both of them passing all tests (quick, full, scan).

So now I am waiting for my EX2 to finish a Full Factory reset so I can put my data back into it. This post is mostly to express my how much WD has let me down, and while I intend to keep using their disk products, I most certainly will be looking elsewhere when time comes to replace my NAS.

Hello,

Please check your Pm.