G-Speed ES Pro Sas - is there a way to cascade?

Is there a way to connect more than two G-Speed ES pro boxes to the ATTO 680? I think the ATTO card can handle more drives, but I don’t see any way to cascade. Thanks for any expertise you may offer!

Yes it can, You don’t have to do anything special other than having no RAID on either of the PROs and when attached to the ATTO you can create a RAID using all the drives detected.

My question was not clear: I should have asked HOW can I connect more than two G-Speed ES Pro boxes to my ATTO 860? Since they don’t have a ‘through’ connector, it seems I can only connect 2 boxes, for a total of 8 drives. It’s my understanding the 860 can handle more than 8 drives.

Is there a special cable or something? Thanks in advance.

The ATTO r680 has more than 1 miniSAS connection. That is how you attach them. You have to have a card that has multiple ports. the 860 is not a supported card the r680 has 2 slots.

Right. Got that. Again, sorry if I’m unclear. I have an R680 with one G-speed ES Pro box connected to each port of the R680, for a total of 2 boxes, 8 drives. Is there a way to connect MORE than two boxes?

No there is not. You are limited to the amount of ports you have on the card. You’d have to have additional R680s. But that goes beyond our support and you would need to work with ATTO on that type of setup.