G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator in Windows

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knows what might be going wrong. I recently purchased a G RAID with Thunderbold 2 (8TB). I have Windows 10 and went through the stated process to format the drive so I can see it on windows. I wanted to changes the RAID from 0 to 1 and read I would need to install the G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator to do this. I downloaded the GRC_Installer_1.0.0.zip and installed it.
This is the bit where I get stuck… I doubleclick the G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator and nothing happens.
I don’t get a screen come up as it says it should and so cannot do anything… any ideas?

You need the one for G-Raid Thunderbolt Removable.

https://support.g-technology.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en

It’s not intuitive at all, it took me 2 days to find the file. This one will work and allow for the change to RAID 1.

Once configured - FINALLY - this array of 2 HHDs does indeed work on Windows 10 fine. But installing and setting up the RAID requires proprietary software, which includes a 3rd party utility to format to NTFS, AFTER the RAID is setup by yet another utility program.
Win10 Disk Manager failed to see the disks at all; once installed it cannot format the 2 individual 4 Tb HHDs - only “seeing” a single 4Tb Volume.

To try and summarize the solution discorvered by trial and error…
Go to this site: https://support.g-technology.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en

You need to install the following Utilities - run in sequence:

1. GTC_Installer_1.1.1
  2. GRAIDStudioInstaller_1.0.0.53 [configs RAID]
  3. GTechnologyFormatWizard_Installer_1.1.27

the links the search engine turned up on the manufacturer’s website circa 2017 are all broken (including Helpline Community ! What a farce); so it’s trial and error and too much wasted time finding Utilities that G-Technology has hidden away from its customers.
Having paid the substantial purchase price, the smallest courtesy from the manufacturer would be to make the essential information accessible.