Hi, I have a Studio (2 x 4TB) HD. All has been working great since I bought it but it has suddenly developed an issue and won’t show up as mounted.
- White light on front (so I know it’s getting some power).
- Blue light on top of each of the 2 Hard Drives (hoping that’s a good sign and shows that the drives are healthy)
- Fan is not working and no sound coming from enclosure
I suspect that their is either an issue with limited power, the fan is broken or some sort of component is broken.
Can someone please help:
- what do you think the issue is?
- do you know what the warranty duration is on this model?
and, most importantly to me, regarding the data on my 2 drives
- if I get a replacement enclosure (if indeed faulty), will the 2 drives slot in and mount with all data accessible?
- does it need to be exactly the same enclosure or will another SATA Thunderbolt enclosure work?
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.