G-RAID solid red G light on powerup

Hi All,
I have a thunderbolt G-RAID that has a solid red G. When I cycled power, I found that the G turns red the instant the power is turned on. I’ve re-racked the drives and nothing changes. Fan doesn’t turn on either.
Any ideas on what’s failed? I can’t imagine it’s the drives as the light turned red the instant power is applied.

Thanks!

The unit will start red upon boot due to it checking the health of the RAID. If it stays red after that initial power on sequence then it is likely there is something wrong with the RAID controller. You will need to run the configurator to see what is the issue. It is possible one of the drives is no longer in sync with the other drive or the enclosure itself is the problem.

I’ve gotten the configurator and it isn’t recognizing the enclosure. I know there is come communication across the thunderbolt cable as I have two other drives daisy chained off of this one and they are working fine.

The configurators are for the Removable G-RAIDs. Does yours have the removable drive bays with the front that opens up? If not then yours is the original G-RAID w/TB 1 and it is a software controlled RAID that is managed in Disk Utility.

Yes, it is.

We have multiple configurators for the removable RAIDs.

• G-RAID Studio for the vertical black units.
  • G-RAID w/ TB 2 and USB
  • G-RAID w/ USB & USB/FW800

each one of these uses a different configurator. You need the one appropriate to your device, if you have the correct software but still won’t recognize the device is attached then you have faulty hardware and if still under warranty need to get a replacement on our site. RMA creation

I have the G-RAID w/ TB 2 and USB. I’ve been to the website and downloaded the one that seems to be for it. Can you send me a link to the correct one so I can be sure before I start a warranty claim?

G-RAID w/ TB2 and USB Mac | Windows

i am having same problem as Badfurball. was there a solution to this problem?

1 Like

Same issue here. I haven’t been able to get support from anyone on this.