G-raid showing up in Mac as two separate drives

Is there any way to consolidate the drives to appear as one drive as 8tb and not two separate 4tb drives?

You have the original version of the G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt 1 which was a software RAID. Because of this your Disk Utility will always show both drives inside, you can stripe it within your Disk Utility using the built in RAID options.

Hey Rydai thank you for your response. I’m getting some errors when trying to stripe the drives using RAID 0 from both disk utility and the command line.

Error: -69877: Couldn’t open device — command line error

and "“Disk erase failed with the error:
Couldn’t open device disk 2” – from disk utility.

Any thoughts? I’ve tried downloading the graid software but it isn’t recognizing the drives unfortunately

The configurator is only for our hardware RAID devices. The one you have is software.

If you’re on 10.11 El Capitan then Apple removed the ability to manage software RAIDs. In Sierra they brought it back with a new RAID assistant that works really well.

Hi @Rydia I am having the same issue here. I am on the latest IOS with the same G raid. My disk utility shows Hitachi HDS72404 two times. Under each of them are Untitled drives which give me the option to First Aid, Partition, Erase, and Mount. Under my Finder tab on the iMac it show’s Two Untitled drives as well. Is there anyway to combine them both?

@topangaman27

In your case if you’re on the newest of MAC OS then you would use the RAID assistant inside of Disk Utility. It is on the top menu. Within there you can select the two drives and place them in a software RAID.

Thank you, had same issue and this resolved it. Thank You :slight_smile: