G-Raid Dual Hard Drive only mounts one of the drives - Mac

Hi all,

I’m new to the community and I’ve searched for an answer but haven’t been able to find anything. I’ve inherited a couple of G-Raid drive. Each external hard drive has two 1 TB drives but when I plug one of the drives in, only one of the 1 TB hard drives mount and I can’t figure out why that is or if there is a way I can switch between the two hard drives. I’ve taken one apart and verified that both drives do function and when I run Disk Utility it shows that there are two disks. Any one else run into this? Is there a way to fix it? I’m running Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Thank you!

@Ryan_Mortenson

It it designed that way. That is why they are called G-RAID drives. They are RAID0 devices meaning both drives are striped together to make one large fast drive. The older versions of our G-RAIDs cannot be changed from this mode.

We have never versions of the G-RAID which are part of our G-RAID Removable line that support converting between RAID0 (stripe), RAID1 (mirror) and JBOD (both drives mount independently).