G-raid causing Imac to startup with a blank screen

I have an Imac (2017 model) running Catalina with a G-Raid 12TB running in RAID 1 connecting via Thunderbolt.
The computer and drive are powered off at night because the electricity where I am is not stable.

If the drive is connected to the computer when I start it in the morning, the Imac screen comes up blank. I have to use the button to power off the computer and restart after pulling out the Thunderbolt cable.
So I end up pulling the cable out every morning, starting the computer and then connecting the drive and starting it up.
Does anyone know why this is happening? Constantly pulling and reattaching the cable is probably not good…

Hi @bomzi,

Please test the drive by installing WD software: https://support.g-technology.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en

There are a number of programs listed. Which one should I use?

This is very frustrating. The software download buttons on the site are not working. Pressing Download does work.
What kind of third rate customer service is this?

He computer and drive are powered off at night because the electricity where I am is not stable.
If the drive is connected to the computer when I start it in the morning, the Imac screen comes up blank

upsers