G-RAID 12TB Thunderbolt 2 and RAID 1 config

Hello,

First, I have a question about RAID 1 and to use on both PC and Mac platforms. Is it a good idea to use exfat or wiser to format in Mac OS Extended and then use Mediafours Mac Drive (app for reading mac formatted drives on a PC…) on my PC with Raid 1?
Or, do I have to choose NTFS as I’ll mainly use the G-Drive with my PC? I’ll use the drive for video editing and general post production. And could you please explain why one of the choices would be the better?

Second, as I’ve used “G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator” on Windows 10 and set it to Raid 1, I have had to initialize afterwards in GUID. Then I have to guess what to do next as your G-Raid Manual leaves me hanging.
In Disk Management I guess to click New Mirrored Volume. In that new dialogue box it shows my disk set to 5722974 MB, which of course and correct is half the size of my 12TB drive.
Total volume size shows 0 MB.
Maximum available space shows 5722974 MB and
Select the amount of space also shows 5722974 MB. This is the only one I can configure but only reduce, so I don’t get it. What do I need to do to make my G-Raid 12TB properly work as a RAID 1?

My system:

12TB G-RAID with Thunderbolt 2
KIT PN: 0G04094
KIT SN: B469W00142
CHASSIS PN: 0G04229
CHASSIS SN: DC0163400473

Computer model: HP Z440

After you configure the drive, you using New Simple Volume and you can format exFAT just fine. It is a good choice to use for both platforms.