G Drive won't mount and clicks

I have a GDrive mobile usb-c 2TB. Working with a MacBook Pro. Was working fine but now won’t mount and every few seconds hear a strange sound coming from the unit. The white light is flashing but that it. It started doing this in midst of a back-up all of a sudden. Any recommendations on how to fix this or should I just get a new drive? Thanks.

is the drive listed in disk utility? could you manualy mount the drive right here?
i suggest you to run first aid and check the disk.

1. Open Disk Utilities, which can be found in the Applications folder under Utilities.
  2. Once opened, select the name of your Mac OS X Startup disk in the left column.
  3. Click on the First Aid button at the top of the window. A dialogue box will appear asking if you would like to run First Aid. Click “Run”.
  4. Once completed, click done.

Thanks very much. I had forgotten those steps. Went through that same thing with Apple but it didn’t work so at their advice I am trying to erase the backup disk in disk utility and start over. The drive sounds strange with a squeaking kind of sound every few seconds so I thinking the drive may be somehow damaged but I guess I’ll see if this works. If there is anything else I or Apple haven’t thought of if you could please let me know. Otherwise I suspect I’ll need a new drive. Thanks again

Hi, I have a new G Drive USB-C for a MacBook Pro. I have had several others but can’t remember how to install this. Are there instructions? When I plug it in the only installation instructions seem to be on how to reformat to Windows. When I try to backup I get a message that time machine cannot find the disk? Do I need to go to disc utilities to install? Thanks very much

Thanks for all of your help. I have solved my problem after talking with Apple and the new drive is working. It seemed to be an issue of having a few G drives already. In any case I learned how to add a new drive and all is ok.