G-Drive USB 3.0 3TB - No Power

G-Drive was working fine, and then one day no power. Connected to AC socket and Y cable to iMac. Any suggestions whether this is a cabling issue or drive has failed. Thanks

If it is getting absolutely no power it could be related to the enclosure not accepting power due to it failing or the power adapter not working.

If you had another 12v 2a adapter to try that would let you know which is the culprit.

Thanks for the advice, I bought a replacement power adapter from myvolts.com (see link) and was able to power the drive up successfully. The power adapter however although the correct voltage has the wrong connection (too big) and is therefore loose, with loss of power if moved.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MyVolts-G-Drive-External-replacement-adaptor/dp/B01N9XMJA6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1534623312&sr=1-1&keywords=myvolts+12v+g-tech+g-drive

My G-Drive USB 3.0 3T has the below part number, is it possible to locate the correct power adapter part number I may need to source?

G-TECH G-DRIVE USB 3.0 3TB SILVER-ZML

Part Number: HA894ZM/A

The correct adapter is 0G01008 for the US based model. But i notice you’re in the UK. There is also our 4a adapter made for the RAIDs but will work perfectly fine on the G-DRIVE as it only uses the require amps.

12V 4A adapter