G-Drive Thunderbolt 3 TB dead..what options availables?

Hi Everyone…

I bought a G-Drive Thunderbolt 3 TB in June 2014 who until yesterday worked like a charm…the Disk just suddenly stopped working yesterday night…no more power, impossible to turn it on…dead like in a symbolic way…
By chance, i have a friend who is electronic technician who did a complete check of the Disk for me…his conclusions are that the disk is ok but the thunderbolt box (electronic & electric ) that support the hard disk is dead…

So that lead to my question & options available in that situation…is it possible to change or buy a thundebolt box for my G-Drive?..or is there other options available to repair it?..

Thanks by advance for your help and advices…

Regards,

Jehm

Make sure the drive is attached to a computer when you are trying to turn it on. This device requires an active data connection to a computer in order to power on.

If that is still not powering then it would need to be replaced. You can create an RMA for a replacement drive on our site here: RMA

Hello Rydia…

Thank you for the quick answer…the disk is unfortunately not starting even with the thunderbolt cable plugged in the Mac…we tried all options before i wrote my message…
So i have put the serial number but the website answer that my product is no more covered by waranty…ok so what to do now?..

Thanks by adavnce for your help & advices…

Jehm

Call in to our support so we can verify the S/N and check your options. 888.426.5214

Hello again Rydia…
This is a US number…do you have an European or French one for support?..
thanks by advance, regards,

Jehm

French number: 33-1-4993-9226

I have a VERY similar problem! Brand new 4TB drive with Thunderbolt 3. LOTS of unbacked up video files. THen it failed suddenly. My drive turns on but not recognizable on several different Macs.