G-Drive Raid - No access. Forgotten encryption PW. Can I reset?

Hello there,

Our small company bought a G-Drive Raid box (Apologies if I sound like a ‘noob’, I am!) last year, hardly used it and now have found that the PW we need to unlock the disk doesn’t work. There is a bit of data on there but nothing important and I was wondering if we’d be able to wipe it/start over a restore factory settings?

Any help of clarification on the issue would be greatly appreciated. I’ve read somewhere that getting in touch with Apple to bypass it, as it’s a software issue might be a way forward. I’m still searching around forums and char streams to illuminate the problem but thought this would be a good place to start.

I seem to have fixed the issue. I ‘erased’ the drive which was very simple (just a few clicks) on disk utility. This almost instantly freed up the whole drive to me and I’ve begun to copy things over already. So far so good :slight_smile:

Yes you did do the only thing you can when a password is forgotten. There is no hint/reset function so you just have to erase the device and start over.