G-Drive Mobile 4TB mounting very slow

Hi,

I have been using the Mobile 4TB USB 3.0 drive for a while without issues. Recently, the drive is extremely slow to mount and show up as a usable drive in Windows 10.

When I plug it in, it will spin up, and the led light will do the quick blink. Normally, the LED would blink for a few seconds, and then stop blinking and the drive becomes available. But now, the LED will blink continuous for about 10 to 15 minutes before the drive shows up in Explorer that I can click and open. Sometimes I wait for over 30 minutes before giving up and unplug it. Once the drive is available, I can use it normally. During the wait, I can hear the drive spinning and once a while some click sounds. I have tried it on my Surface Pro and my desktop computer with the same problem.

I checked the SMART values and everything is fine there. Anyone know how to fix this?

Just want to follow up that after trying different things, I decided to do a scan with HDDScan program. The beginning of the drive is extremely slow. It takes 1 to 2 seconds to read 1KB block of data. This is the cause of the slowness, though the data is still readable. I’m going to try to claim warranty on this drive.