G-DRIVE 4TB Disconnecting while under load - WIN10

Hi,

I recently purchased a G-DRIVE 4TB external drive for use as extended storage for my music recording software.

I was transferring files to the drive when I noticed it would disconnect while in the middle of transfers.

I went ahead and messed with power settings to make sure the drive was not being disabled by power management options, but regardless of those settings it would still cause the drive to disconnect when under load.

I initially had the drive hooked up to a external 3.0 powered USB hub, so I disconnected it from the hub and reconnected it to several of my USB 3.0 mobo ports to make sure it was not the hub causing problems. Unfortunately it still was having disconnect issues.

I proceeded to disconnect ALL of my USB devices save for my mouse to test if the drive was pulling too much power and shutting down the drive. Unfortunately again the drive still has issues staying active while under load.

I am at a loss, I’ve tried everything I could research, but nothing seems to work out. It only seems to effect the G-DRIVE, my other internal and external drives from various manufacturers don’t have this problem at all. If anyone has any possible solutions it would be a great help.

Maybe you should try contacting G Tech’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact G Tech for Technical Support
https://support.g-technology.com/contact.aspx