FW Release 3.05.10 (6/5/2012)

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone is having the same experience, but my WD TV Live Hub randomly keeps;

• Turning on by itself.
  • Occasionally just shows itself as ‘loading’ (WD light flashes for as long as I let it, before I have to disconnect from the electrical socket) when it turns itself on.
  • Rebooting itself while I’m watching a film (.mkv format), after varying amounts of times (its just done it now, which is what has prompted me to post this).
  • When is done either one of the above, I more often than not, have to go into ‘setup → Audio/Video Output’ and make sure that HDMI is set at 1080p 60Hz (my Samsung D8000 supports this), because it seems to ‘default’ itself to something lower, like 576 or 720!

All the above, aside from starting since the last FW update, is just starting to get on my nerves a little.

Can someone either point me in the right direction on how to perhaps solve all of this, or share your own experiances of any similar problems with this FW?

Thanks for reading

Try pressing the reset button on the bottom side for 1 second, if that doesn’t work do a rollback to the previous firmware version and then reinstall the latest version again. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0Mjk5MDYyOS9zaWQvLU9vYUdPMWw%3D

I have the same issue periodically:

" …

• Turning on by itself.
  • Occasionally just shows itself as ‘loading’ (WD light flashes for as long as I let it, before I have to disconnect from the electrical socket) when it turns itself on. …"

I “fix” it as you do.

I have remained at f/w v. 2.08.13 because that update works with WD Photo app on my Android Smart Phone. I hate to risk losing the app again, but am thinking of upgrading to f/w 3.05.10.

If anyone can advise me soon why I should NOT update, please tell me soon. Thanks!