FW 3.00.08 - Same old thing

All I can say is, and this it to ALL the themers but especially Tin, please don’t stop creating these themes. At their worst they look better than anything WD has made. I for one appreciate everything you have created. I just happen to like the Mojo best. I modified the TG template to make things work for me. I will continue to use it until WD fixes the problem. I hope Tin doesn’t mind that I’ve done this but I wasn’t going to sit here re-sizing the TG covers with Paint Shop one at a time.

Even if they don’t fix it you guys are creating the best themes with what you have available! So don’t abandon us just because WD is being stupid.

Nuff said, i’ll get off my soap box now. :wink:

flhthemi,

Well I’m glad you like Mojo.  However, I will not support any new updates for any of my themes until WD fixes the .png issue.

With that said though, if you are determined on using the latest firmware, then you may want this HERE to add RSS menu support for the main menu.

Oh man!! You bet I do! Guess I just dump it in the main theme directory? I’ll get to see what the RSS looks like! Now I wanna know how to do a screen cap with it!

You da man!

nath999 wrote:

Is the thumbnail problem happen with regular themes or just MS themes. I want to update for the usb hub support but i don’t it to mess with my huge collection.

with any theme!

The more configurable, and nicer looking the UI is, the more likely they will sell more. You would think they would add this simple request. The non hub version I think also needs this.

Some people spend massive amount of time in the detail and look of their layout and display.   No one want to use or continue making a theme that may require rebuilding all your movie and music sheets every time a firmware comes out.  

I’d love to see fixes/changes for the modding community that stay persistant over future firmware upgrades.   The fix to .PNG and caching seems to be the main concerns from all the threads I’ve been reading.

I strongly feel that focusing on these fixes the next firmware would benefit the community and WD.   Word of mouth is a great way to increase product sales, and having mutiple themes and support from the community can go a long way with that.

I’m not great at modding, but do like to tinker, but it’s difficult to find a base theme I like because they won’t support the newer firmwares with new features… because of the above mentioned isssues with .PNG.

With every update that comes people hope for proper .png support but WD never addresses the issue, heck they have never even acknowledged my requests in the Ideas section…

Sorry for another analogy but for WD to change  png’s to jpg’s is like somebody depositing dollars into a bank account and when they  withdraw it they get rupies  :P   …sad

Anyway for the record they will never fix this issue…of that I am certain.

With every update that comes people hope for proper .png support but WD never addresses the issue, heck they have never even acknowledged my requests in the Ideas section…

Sorry for another analogy but for WD to change  png’s to jpg’s is like somebody depositing dollars into a bank account and when they  withdraw it they get rupies  :P   …sad

Anyway for the record they will never fix this issue…of that I am certain.

Has any one extracted the osd for FW 3.00.08?

if so, please upload it and share it.

Thanks a lot

Tinwarble wrote:

flhthemi,

Well I’m glad you like Mojo.  However, I will not support any new updates for any of my themes until WD fixes the .png issue.

With that said though, if you are determined on using the latest firmware, then you may want this HERE to add RSS menu support for the main menu.

Worked great but I had to remove the Mojo Menu Add-on because this is what I got:

But I’m not complaining! I can see the RSS feed menu now. Boy, WD needs to do some work on that. But screen cap sure came in handy today, huh? :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s because you are using my atlernate menu and I haven’t done an RSS for that version yet.  If you want the RSS you’ll have to use the regular menu.