Future firmware

Well the current firmware has grown to a size that I believe WD shoud revaluate the business value of the current apps in the firmware. I vote to remove 365live because what good is it? Flicker because Fackbook upload of photos and videos is a better value. Flingo because what the heck does it do for me anyway? Keep the rest

Your post sounds more like an idea or a Feature Request; the best place for this is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there is no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live & Live Plus Ideas

Regards,

Trancer.

I pretty much agree with you about Live365.

Flingo is pretty much useless as well. If you go to flingo.org (don’t bother googling them… then don’t seem to be indexed for some reason) you’ll find a pretty shabby website and a forum filled with tumbleweeds and the sound of crickets chirping. I used to use them for getting NBC Nightly news but for the past month they always seem to have a 24 hour delay or something. I do like their el-cheapo public domain movies on the AMC channel (no, not American Movie Classics, sadly… I actually have no idea what AMC on flingo stands for because the icon’s logo text is so tiny) because it’s sort of amusing to watch  a bunch of stuff ripped off from archive.org on this dimestore streaming operation. I think they are run by about 3 or 4 people.

I like the flickr support because I’ll do something like play mp3s and then switch over to that and do a search on some random subject and then play a slideshow of the 4,000 random results with my music playing in the background. Really wish the WD Live+ had a decent slideshow-type screensaver.

And as for the Idea Exchange. It’s a nice concept but for some reason the scripting on those pages lag out my browser BIG TIME. :robotsad:

Live365 is obviously useful to users who have a live365 account . It gives you the ability to listen to any type of music that you like.

Flickr is a photo sharing site which makes it completely different to facebook. How do you get random worldwide photos from facebook.

Flingo and has some interesting clips plus the ability to transfer video from your PC browser to your WDTV (if the site you are browsing supports flingo) If you add some code to the bookmark bar of your browser you can send any youtube video to the WDTV. It shows in the the queue menu and you play it from there. This appears to get round the HD and ‘not able to play on a TV device’ restriction. You simply go to any youtube video and then press the ‘flingo’ bookmark button. The button flings the video to your WDTV and thats why its called flingo.

For the code required to play youtube videos see here.

http://flingo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42

In the UK at least Flingo.org appears at the top of a google search, so its indexed here. At the moment that page flings the trailer from the Dark Knight to your unit. Looks like its in HD.

I would assume that neither of you have really explored the possibilities of these services. Give them a go you might like them.

angry_droid wrote:

I do like their el-cheapo public domain movies on the AMC channel (no, not American Movie Classics, sadly… I actually have no idea what AMC on flingo stands for because the icon’s logo text is so tiny) because it’s sort of amusing to watch  a bunch of stuff ripped off from archive.org on this dimestore streaming operation. I think they are run by about 3 or 4 people.

amc = archive classic movies

http://www.archiveclassicmovies.com/index.php