Fuming!

I bought one of these heaps of junk a 4TB version and all seemed well. I transfered a lot of data over to it, and its all corrupt.

All my mixes I have done over the last 10 years are garabage , none of the files actually open correctly and I have probably now lost over 3TB of data.

This thing is only 4 days old.

Hi

If you only transfered the data you should have the original data and it should be OK ?  out of interest how did you transfer the data data, might help us figure out your problem.

Regards

I transfered via the network. No because copy went across ok I thought I deleted the data. I have copied it back and its all corrupt.

MP3 are all choopy , pictures are full of squares , and my documents wont even open.

ALso my drive keeps powering down where the LED dims on the front, and I can hear the drive spin back up. It does this constantly at random times.

mintminty59 wrote:

ALso my drive keeps powering down where the LED dims on the front, and I can hear the drive spin back up. It does this constantly at random times.

That’s called Drive Sleep mode and can be disabled in the UI.

Have you tried running some file undeleting software on your PC so you can get your files back ?