Full zero wiping

My question is dealing with using the WD full zero wiping of a internal hard drive. It seems like the first time I use the full zero wipe it work fine. My hard drive was fast as ever but the next time I use the full zero process it didn’t work as well. Should I have did something any different than before. When installing Windows 7 it always format automatically so other than that I don’t understand why I didn’t get the same result as before when zero wiping before a clean install. Could someone expound on this please and thank you in advance for the help. I’ m using 2 500Gb WD WD5001AAL in a RAID 0 array.

Are you having performance issues with the drive?

Try running DLG  http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=607&sid=3&lang=en

on the drive…this will tell you if the unit has errors or not.

NOTE: This toold will not recognize drives on RAID so run it with each drive individually.

No I haven’t run separate test on the drives. That really is a good idea and thank you so much for the response. You’re right I didn’t think about having the drives in a RAID confuguration would not let me perform a test. Great!, I’ll do that right away.

Thanks again for the advice.