Full Restore vs Quick Restore

I use MyCloud as a backup destination only and foolishly upgraded to the latest firmware, now it won’t sleep. I futzed around with a bunch of things trying to get it to sleep so I decided to do a system only restore and start over.

If I get frustrated enough to do a data wipe also is there any more information about the difference between quick restore and full restore? I’ve read more than a few posts that recommend a full restore to get any traces of problems removed. Some mentioned pointers get reset and things like that. I know that if I go Full Restore I’m without the drive for at least two full days but it’s only a backup so I’ll survive.

Thoughts?

I do not use sleep mode on any electronic equipment. Most aging of equipment is due to stress of coming to full speed and operating temperatures from a cold start. I’ve had hard drives and computer running for many years without a significant number of failures - meaning that, yes, there have been failures but so few that it is a small fraction of the total operational times…

Paul

When MC is ‘asleep’ It’s not ‘cold’ the processor is running its just the hard drive that’s not spinning. I find it hard to believe that a hard drive will last longer spinning 24 hrs a day than it will only spinning up once a day for 20 minutes then powering down for 23 hrs 40 mins.

Of course I’ve been wrong about a lot of things before…

[quote=“NunyaBiznas, post:1, topic:141478, full:true”]
If I get frustrated enough to do a data wipe also is there any more information about the difference between quick restore and full restore?[/quote]
See the following WD Support document where the differences between; System Only Restore, Quick Factory Restore and Full Factory Restore are explained along with instructions on how to perform each one.

How to restore a My Cloud Storage device to factory default settings

I’ve seen and read the differences. I was more curious if there is any truth to the claims that a Full Restore can solve problems the other options can’t.