Full Remote Sync?

Hello all!

I’ll give you my use case and I want to see if it’s possible with the EX2.

I want to be able to access files from EX2 remotely the same way Dropbox and Google Drive do where as I open the file on finder and/or windows explorer and save it and it syncs over the internet.

Right now I am accessing the files through the WD My Cloud app and it downloads it to a temporary folder but I have to drag it back into the WD My Cloud app for it to sync the saved changes.

Has anyone found a solution?

I am not sure but I think I have seen one or two people mention they used bt sync to do just that. But you’d have to install tha necessary software on both the EX2 and on your computer. Installing it on EX2 may not be easy for some as you’d have to ssh in, but I think the thread here in which I had seen it a while ago outlines the general steps to go about it (I could be wrong as I’m going by my memory on this and may be possibly mixing it up with something else…you’ll have to search for it yourself).

I think I found the topic you were mentioning.

I’m going to give it a try and see if it’s what I needed.

a_milano wrote:

I think I found the topic you were mentioning.

I’m going to give it a try and see if it’s what I needed.

No, that’s not the thread I was thinking of. That one you found is for My Cloud, not for My Cloud EX2 - the firmwares of the two are very different.

The one I was referring to was specific to EX2 and you’d have to narrow your search to the EX2 subforum to find it.