Frustrated: Cannot log into wdmycloud.com; Error 500

I have a 2TB MyCloud setup on my home network. I have been trying to log into wdmycloud.com via web browser (IE11) for 4-5 days now. I enter the password that I set and the web page just blinks, wipes out the dots representing my password and prompts me to login in again. I finally clicked the link to reset my password and then received an received an “Error 500 - Internal Server Error” telling me to wait 5 minutes and try again in a new web browser session. I am trying to share my drive with my daughter who just receives a “Cannot login” error message. This is ridiculous! This is the whole reason I bought this thing! Please help!

baileywf wrote:

I have a 2TB MyCloud setup on my home network. I have been trying to log into wdmycloud.com via web browser (IE11) for 4-5 days now. I enter the password that I set and the web page just blinks, wipes out the dots representing my password and prompts me to login in again. I finally clicked the link to reset my password and then received an received an “Error 500 - Internal Server Error” telling me to wait 5 minutes and try again in a new web browser session. I am trying to share my drive with my daughter who just receives a “Cannot login” error message. This is ridiculous! This is the whole reason I bought this thing! Please help!

Maybe you should read the messages that tell you that the mycloud service is down.

Maybe you should try to be truly helpful to a new user/customer and give an answer that doesn’t sound like its coming from a jerk. I have no idea where to check the status of wdmycloud.com…but I know where to come ask a question on this forum. Are you on the forum because you want to help people…or p*** them off?

I am sorry. You misunderstood my meaning or I was unclear in my meaning.

There is a post at the top of this forum from WD moderators explaining the cloud service outage. That is the message I am talking about. I am using my mobile device so I cannot cut and paste URLs so easily or I would link it.

Here ya go.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-Service-Issues-Update-for-My-Cloud-and-My-Book-Live/m-p/709630#U709630

Apology accepted! I like to learn new things so I appreciate when someone tells me how to do something new that can help me. Perhaps in a few weeks or months I’ll get to a point where I can help others!

With regard to the cloud service outage message, I do not see it when I go to the WD Community webpage. I see a list of forum topic areas (“Announcements and General Discussions”, “WD Software and Mobile Apps”, etc.). Even when I click on “News & Announcements” or the link in the “Announcements” sidebar (“Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements”), I don’t see a service outage message at the top of the page. Another forum member was kind enough to post a link to the page which describes the current service outage, but, as a new user of the Community site, I honestly don’t know how I would have found that message without his help.

Maybe it is not possible or practical to do but when WD knows the login page on the wdmycloud.com site is not working, it would be great if they redirected to the service outage message… instead of leaving me to stare at a page that wipes out my password and just sits there…

Thanks again for your help.

OK - thank you.

The posts are “sticky” posted at the top of the forum sections:  Now I am on my PC so I can do more:

I think you are right.  WD should have this very front and center, especially on www.wd2go.com websites.